Here’s to recreating my mom’s classic dishes but with a little twist 🙂
Egg Fried Rice – Serves 4
- 1 chopped large white onion
- 1 cut long serrano pepper
- Ginger-garlic paste (quarter-sized ginger + 5 garlic cloves)
- Mixed Vegetables (carrots, peas, corn, beans, potatoes)
- Well-cooked scrambled eggs (5 eggs + salt + ground black pepper)
- 1 cup of cooked and salted basmati rice
- Add 2 spoons of oil to a pan and add onions once oil is heated.
- Once onions are transparent, add the green peppers and the ginger garlic paste. Mix well.
- Add half a spoon of turmeric + one spoon of cayenne pepper powder + salt.
- Once the raw smell disappears, add the mixed vegetables and mix well.
- Let it cook for 5-10 minutes, so the masala cooks well with vegetables.
- Add soy sauce (up to your discretion) and mix well.
- Add the cooked scrambled eggs.
- Stir well and ensure that the masala cooks with the eggs.
- Once the mixture is well-cooked, add the already cooked basmati rice and mix well.
- Let everything simmer in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro for garnish and prepare the plates! 🙂
Chicken 65 – Serves 4
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Aachi Chicken 65 Masala Powder
- Plain Yogurt
- Lemon Juice
- Wash the chicken breasts well and cut them into mini cubes.
- Add that to a bowl along with 2-3 spoons of masala powder (depending on how spicy you want it) + 3 big spoons of plain yogurt + 1 spoon of lemon juice + a pinch of salt.
- Mix well and let this marinate for at least an hour.
- Deep fry this batter and garnish with cilantro and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Serve hot with a side of raita to balance out the spiciness and flavors with the Egg Fried Rice.